How to reorder the sprint?

Monica Luo June 24, 2022

Hi all,

I know there is a way to reorder the sprint is by moving a single sprint up or down

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 12.56.08 PM.png

But this way is too time-consuming.

May I know if there is a way to reorder the sprint in a faster way?
Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 12.57.30 PM.png

This is the sprint I have so far, is there a way to automatically reorder them alphabetically?

Thanks in advanced!

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2022

Hi @Monica Luo,

You can have a look at this related question for a bit more background on (re)ordering sprints in general.

From the view you share, it looks to me as if you are using sprints not really the way they are conceptually intended. It seems as if you rather use them as some kind of categorisation system rather than the iterative planning over time what they are meant for. My impression could always be wrong, of course. But if I'm not, you might be better of using Epics, Components, ... and quick filters on your board to categorise your work. That would allow you to create fewer sprints up front and use them for the proper purpose of planning a limited set of issues for focused work within a short time frame.

Hope this helps! 

Monica Luo June 28, 2022

Thanks!

We were using sprint to group couple tickets for the week; Was trying to quickly go through the general bug tickets, excluding feature tickets, and quickly assign that to the person who is planned to work on that.

We already have Epics (for project related/focus) and

Components:  for specifically feature components (If I'm not wrong)

I guess there is no way to reorder them all :)

Thanks for the reply!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events