How to reorder fields in a screen?

ghulatid December 31, 2017

It seems that I am using a Custom Issue Scheme and this has a Custom Screen, which feeds on from a Default Screen from what I can gather.

However, for Epic Task Creation, I would like my fields reordered. Is there any way I can reorder and view the fields associated just with creating a specific Issue Type?

Create_issue_-_JIRA.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2017

Go to the project configuration and look at the "issue type screen scheme" in use.  Drill down into it to work out what "screen" the Epic tasks use.

You can then either re-order (click and drag) the fields on that screen (which will affect all places it is used), or create a new screen and associate that with the create action.

ghulatid December 31, 2017

Thank you! This worked to an extent (Epic Name is higher up but not above Summary though). The issue was the following:

• Both Tasks and Epics use the Default Screen
  • The Default Screen puts a Summary above the Epic Name.
  • Because an Epic is different to a Task, it makes sense to put Epic Name above the Summary. However, if I do that, the Task will suddenly also be reordered to have the name of the task just below the Epic involved.

Maybe I can create a new screen just for Epics vs. Tasks? But I think this might be overkill.

Walter Muzazaila November 27, 2019

Here is what worked for me

1. View all boards

2. Project settings (of relevant Project) 

3. Issue layout

4. Edit layout (reorder as needed)

5. Save

Good luck :)

Suggest an answer