How to rename an "impediment" flag in JIRA Agile

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

Flagging an issue in JIRA agile spawns an email with an update = "Flagged : Impediment". Is there a way to rename "impediment" into something more generic => "yes" or smth?.

do I have to dig into some JIRA-Agile properties file?

thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

The flag is custom field named "Flagged" of type check-box with one option: Impediment.

You can go into your custom fields > configure and change the name manually, like other check-box fields.

Just make sure it doesn't say in this field description it doesn't ask to not change the text value.

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2015

thank you

James Boutcher May 10, 2019

If the field says "locked" ? 

Like mariusz.najwer likes this
mariusz.najwer May 13, 2019

the field is locked so i can't configure it. any idea how to unlock it?

Finn Harsfort September 15, 2019

The Flagged custom field used to be unlocked. I added an option "Promised in Released" to flag those issues. Now I wanted to add another option flag, but Atlassian has locked it. I don't know why.  

0 votes
Pablo Silva March 24, 2020

I'd like to use the Flag with different meaning then "Impediment", one example would be:

In the end of the sprint flag issues that I want to include on demo on Sprint Review. In the middle of the sprint I want to highlight issues that I need team to take a look on next daily. Etc.

In my POV, it should say only "flagged", so that meaning can be set by different teams on different context. Or alternatively... be able to customize it easily.

Suggest an answer