How to remove the time

Sukanya June 10, 2021

Hi,

When i create an issue its creating its displaying the time, how to change the format for JIRA custom fields Actual start date & Actual End date

Thanks!

Sukanya

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

Hi @Sukanya welcome to the Atlassian community.

Would you elaborate the query or share any screen shot for a quick understanding.

Ideally, if you have to work on custom fields, you need to have the Jira project admin rights or you may reach out to your Jira admin for setting up as per your requirement.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Sukanya June 10, 2021

Custom date & time displaying.PNG

Hi Subramanya,

PFA, pls do needful.

Thanks!

Sukanya

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

Hi @Sukanya you may create date type custom fields for start and end, making sure you apply them to the right types of issue in the right projects (the easy route is to select "global"). Add them to the screens you want to use them on, and you'll be able to set, edit and report on them. Looping @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for better assistance.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2021

Hi @Sukanya

if I understood you correctly the additional ask was to adjust the time/date formats.
Please review this documentation if it is useful to your case:
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/configure-time-and-date-formats/

Please let us know if we were right with our answers. Hopefully they help you.

@G subramanyamI could be still wrong in understanding the requirement and a bit confused because the custom fields already seem to be there - but let's see what Suyanka answers :)

Regards,
Daniel

Sukanya July 1, 2021

@Daniel Ebers @G subramanyam Actually i have used JIRA custom fields where i cant change the format, So i have created the new Custom fields and utilizing. 

Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer