How to remove spaces between images in description JIRA's ticket?

Hoàng Tùng October 1, 2020

When editing the descriptions for JIRA's ticket, I put no space between images.

image.png

After saving the first everything look ok. But  this happens after a few times that spaces appear around the image for no reason.

image.png

Can you help me how to fix it?

4 answers

0 votes
Dwight Holman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2023

In 2023 the problem remains unresolved.

The ticket below seems the only relevant ticket in the backlog - voting may encourage some action:

JRACLOUD-74347 Images from attachment displayed too small and centers with large margin in "new issue view"

James Traxler March 7, 2023

Nice spot. Voted.

Like Dwight Holman likes this
Mike Curwen May 9, 2023

"... voting may encourage some action..."    I see you're new here.  :/   That is meant to be a joke of commiseration.  "I'm new here" with this login, but 15+ years with Atlassian JIRA

0 votes
James Traxler November 10, 2022

I still get this happening in November 2022.

0 votes
Sidney C March 3, 2022

Have the same issue, also copy pasting from Snipping tool (I use screenpresso) when creating the ticket. I tried editing later in WYSIWIG editor or change the image alignment but won't solve the problem.
As David suggested, it does work if deleting the old image and re-pasting it in WYSIWIG.
Will resort to creating blank ticket and add the description after for the time being.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2020

Hello @Hoàng Tùng,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I was able to replicate the same behavior when creating an issue with images on the description. This issue is due to the editor that is still different on the create issue screen.

When editing the description and adding images between texts, it shows normal when saving and then I edited again and again, but it still shows the spaces correctly.

Can you give us more details about the steps you are following? 

But  this happens after a few times that spaces appear around the image for no reason

Do you mean that after editing the description a few times or just refreshing the page? 

Regards,
Angélica

holly.lupo@powerschool.com July 30, 2021

I am also experiencing the same thing. 

Step 1. Create the Jira - add text into the description text box.

Step 2: Clip an image (I use Snagit).  Control C (copy)

Step 3:  Control V (Paste) into Jira description text box.  Screen is added but the amount of spacing around the picture can not be adjusted. 

Save:  Spacing still displays around the image almost like paragraph line spacing before and after the image. 

Info:  Following the same steps in the past just clipped the image and pasted without extraneous space.  The user would enter carriage returns to create spacing as needed.

David Tout October 28, 2021

Same experience here. It is extremely frustrating.
It only happens when the editor is in markdown mode (seems to be the default when I create a new issue).
If I edit an issue afterwards, it defaults to the WYSIWIG editor, and then pasting from the clipboard works as expected (no extra white space)

Like paulcik likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events