How to remove completed Epics from Create Issue -> Epic Link dropdown?

Vivek Hungund April 28, 2014

We recently completed a bunch of epics, however I still see them as a choice when I try to create a new issue. I've marked them as "Completed" on the Agile->Plan page as well as marked the epic-issues as resolved. We don't want people to be able to assign their issues to a completed Epic. What's the best way to remove the completed epics from the list of available epics?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2014

I have created a bug on behalf of this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-11362

Currently I do not think there is any workaround for it.

Dean Sorensen November 16, 2015

I have the same dilemma, any change to this issue?

Julio Durán January 20, 2017

Me too!!

Keith Andrews March 12, 2017

This is so painful! I have been struggling with the hierarchy and structure of JIRA for sometime now.  We have stories that need more than one person to work on them.  So initially we started using subtasks and assigning each subtask to a different user.  However, we cannot assign story points to subtasks and they do not show up in the backlog.  This is when we decided to uss Epics for these types of "big stories" that require more than one person.  However since epics never go away when they are done, it is really frustrating.    

Suggest an answer