How to remove a board without a project connected?

Niels Vynckier June 27, 2021

Hello, 

Recently, I removed some unused (test-)projects. In this process, I noticed the boards are still there, and I can not remove them. 

If I try to open the "not existing" board, I can set a new location (for example, an existing project) for it, but then I get an error message saying I have to contact the help desk. 

Anybody knows what I can do to clean up my mess? 

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-27 om 14.00.32.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2021

Hi @Niels Vynckier

were the boards by any chance part of a team-managed project (instead of a company-managed project), do you remember?

For team-managed projects (formerly next-gen projects) there is a bug which describes this behaviour:

Looking forward to your confirmation!

Cheers,
Daniel

Niels Vynckier July 7, 2021

Hi @Daniel Ebers , that is exactly the case! Thanks for pointing me to the correct bug. Unfortunately, we have a free license now, so I can not submit a service ticket. I will keep watching the ticket. Thanks,

0 votes
Sadeesh Narendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2021

@Niels Vynckier If my understanding is correct. You want to delete a board which is no more used? If so g to that respective Board right corner go to Board->Configure-> Delete.

Niels Vynckier June 27, 2021

Hello @Sadeesh Narendran , no not really. I deleted the projects, but somehow the board in that project still exists and I can not remove them. I also can't open them, so I can't delete them. In my screenshot you see that the three dots next to the boards are not there... 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events