How to remove Releases/Sprints from Planning Board

Fabio Lanza February 17, 2013

Hi,

how can I remove/delete from planning board a Release/Sprint created by mistake?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2013

In the classic boards, Versions are how "Sprints" are maintained (it doesn't actually use real Sprints, like the new boards do, it just uses Version as a way to duplicate the behaviour); so you would just need to modify/delete the version that you are using as the sprint (and reassociate the issues that were using the verions as needed to "reschedule" them). :)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Managing+Versions

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2013

You're welcome! And thanks for accepting my answer! :D

Thanks a lot! This answered my question!

0 votes

JIRA 4.4.5.

Greenhopper 5.8.7.

I believe I am referring to the classic board.

When I am at planning board I can add Releases/Sprints at the right column. Let`s say one of these releases (with inherited spritns) should be deleted. How can do remove it?

Thanks!

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2013

Can you specify:

* which version JIRA?

* which version GreenHopper?

* are you referring to new boards or classic?

* are you referring to a Version or a Sprint?

Suggest an answer