How to reflect "Current Status" field in a Dashboard gadget

Kenny Kwon November 19, 2020

Hello,

I'm looking to find a way to reflect the Current Status field in a Dashboard gadget.

The closest I have come to this effort has been using a two-dimensional gadget - X-axis for Sprints and Y-axis for Group names. Similar to below.Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 4.43.06 PM.png

The main problem with this is that the converging cells display a count, without an option to select "Current Status" as what to display. 

These Current Status fields I am referring to are:

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 4.45.15 PM.png

Thank you in advance for the help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Swami Dridapada November 19, 2020

Namaskaram

Welcome to the Community !

There are multiple ways to get the current status reflected. 

First, you need to create Filters(saved searches) - which will refine what are the specific issue types that you want to display on dashboard

and then create Rich filter by configuring the above filter as JIRA filter

Then under add new gadget, you can find "Rich Filter Statistics Gadgets" 

If you configure "Current Status" as statistic type and Issue Count will get you the desired results

I am working on server platform, but i sure hope this works in cloud as well. If not , do let me know / explore the rich filter custom fields option with custom fields option -where you can create JQL sub queries for your main filter and create separate counts for each current status

Pranam

Kenny Kwon November 20, 2020

Hi Swami,

Thank you for your help. I am working in JIRA cloud.

I did create a filter for my specific issue types but I don't see an option to create a rich filter. I don't have any experience using one. Could you help me understand it?

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 9.18.02 AM.png

Best,

Kenny Kwon

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

It's not available on Cloud JIRA. Rich filters are a gadget (set of them) in Server version of JIRA.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214789/rich-filters-for-jira-dashboards?hosting=server&tab=overview

Swami Dridapada November 20, 2020

Namaskaram

There is an cloud version of Quick filters with Issue statistics gadget which could be giving you the desired result.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220136/quick-filters-for-jira-dashboards?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Do let us know if that helps

Rich Filters are quite cool though.. not sure why its not available in cloud version

Kenny Kwon November 20, 2020

Thank you, Chris and Swami. 

@Swami Dridapada , I'll check out the link you provided.

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 23, 2020

Hi @Kenny Kwon ,

I am the product manager of Quick Filters of Jira Dashboards.

If you need help or have any feedback about our Jira cloud app, don't hesitate to contact our support.

Like Chris Buzon likes this
Kenny Kwon November 24, 2020

Hi @Marlene Kegel - codefortynine ,

Thank you for extending the help. I'm curious to learn if your team's product is something that will help me with my particular conundrum so I've sent an email to support.

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2020

I think what you're asking for is a traceability matrix, or rich filter. If you're on cloud there isn't one that can do exactly what I think you need, but on server there are a lot of them you can get for free. 

On cloud there is a filter count gadget, but you can only do 1 filter result count at a time. Follow the directions in Swami's answer for that one.

Issue statistics and filter results gadgets are the two I find most useful, but they don't combine the results into a single report. Check out EazyBI or some of the other addons, one of them may have the name of the report type you're looking for.

Suggest an answer