How to prompt the user to enter a comment in agile workflow transitions

Naor Yuval July 5, 2014

Using 6.2.7 I am unable to prompt the user to select the resolution and/or enter a comment when resolving an issue.

having to edit the issue as a separate optional step is lame and many users will forget doing it.

the workaround (1) suggested in this post does not work for 6.2.7:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Unable+to+set+issues+to+Resolved+using+Greenhopper+Simplified+Workflow

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2014

You need to make Resolution and Comment (there will be no or) required using a validator in that transition. You can achieve this by using https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities (or other plugins)

Add a screen in that Resolve transiton with the Resolution Field (Comment will be added automatically).

Naor Yuval July 6, 2014

Thanks Udo,

I edited the workflow for my project (as a draft, then published it)

for the "Resolved" transition I added a validator: Required fields: Comment, Resolution

configured a new Agile Resolve Issue screen for my project's screen scheme but when I try to associate an Operation with the screen my only options are Create, Edit and View

:(

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

Hi Naor,

You need to make a draft of your workflow again, select the Resolved transition and edit it. There you have an option to associate a screen to this transition. Then publish your draft workflow again.

Naor Yuval July 6, 2014

This worked. Thanks again.

Jira is great but could use a better UX especially for administration.

Suggest an answer