How to opt in for the New Jira Experience?

Romer Ventura August 16, 2017

So we havent "deployed" Jira into production yet, and i feel like if we do it now, and then we change the UI, it would be difficult process for everyone.

Is there a way to Opt in for the new UI? 

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2017

Hi Romer,

If the New JIRA Experience is already available for your instance, you will see the following menu option:

System_Dashboard_-_JDOG_-_JIRA_Team_Dogfood_and_DbVisualizer_Pro_9_5_1_-_Untitled_.png

If you do not yet have this option, then you can expect it within the next two months. It's not possible to roll it out yet to instances which do not have the option.

You will know when it's ready when you log in to your instance you will have a pop-up notification letting you know you can try it.

Let us know if you have any questions about this!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Romer Ventura August 17, 2017

Hi Shannon,

I am confused, you mention that it is available for my instance, but then you say that if i dont see it i can expect it within 2 months... 

So is it enabled in my instance or not? It was 2 months ago sometime ago already.... 

Thanks

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2017

Romer,

Allow me to clarify. If the New Experience is available for your instance, you will be able to see the option as it appears in the above image.

If it is not available, then you will not see this, and you can expect it within the next two months.

I hope this clarifies!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer