How to move Story from "ISsues" to "Backlog" ?

Ashwini Gunjal June 25, 2021

I have moved one story from one board to another which happened successfully. But it got added to Issue section of the target board.

I want to have that story in Backlog instead.

How do I move it from ISSUES to BACKLOG ?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

Hi @Ashwini Gunjal , welcome to the community!

The backlog uses the same filter as the board linked to it. As long as your issue is found using the filter, it will appear on your backlog. So if your issue is not on the backlog, you might want to look at your board's filter and may need to edit this.

The issue will still remain in Issues, as this is just the list of all issues in your project

Ashwini Gunjal June 25, 2021

Hey @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_  thanks this worked. I simply added epic to my story and got it in the backlog as per the filter query. 

Also wanted to know if it is possible to have some query to link all relevant issues to one story.?

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

Glad you've got it sorted @Ashwini Gunjal!

You could have an automation rule which had some kind of condition and then automatically link them to a story, or you could search for the issues you want to link in the issue navigator, then bulk edit them to add the link to the story

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events