Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to move Story from "ISsues" to "Backlog" ? Edited

I have moved one story from one board to another which happened successfully. But it got added to Issue section of the target board.

I want to have that story in Backlog instead.

How do I move it from ISSUES to BACKLOG ?

1 answer

Hi @Ashwini Gunjal , welcome to the community!

The backlog uses the same filter as the board linked to it. As long as your issue is found using the filter, it will appear on your backlog. So if your issue is not on the backlog, you might want to look at your board's filter and may need to edit this.

The issue will still remain in Issues, as this is just the list of all issues in your project

Hey @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_  thanks this worked. I simply added epic to my story and got it in the backlog as per the filter query. 

Also wanted to know if it is possible to have some query to link all relevant issues to one story.?

Glad you've got it sorted @Ashwini Gunjal!

You could have an automation rule which had some kind of condition and then automatically link them to a story, or you could search for the issues you want to link in the issue navigator, then bulk edit them to add the link to the story

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

784 views 2 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you