How to modify the Details tab under Rapid Board in Agile

Alex C August 27, 2012

Hi. How do you remove fields in the Details tab such as "Affects Version/s:No content"? Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2012

I believe you need to raise a new feature request with Greenhopper for an option to hide fields without content.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2012

I don't think Greenhopper has options for that now. Maybe another feature request :)

Alex C August 27, 2012

Where do we ask for a new feature?

Alex C August 27, 2012

Thanks, John. It's not a matter of it having content or not; we'd like to simply hide fields we don't need and showing the ones we do. Is there a way to do that now?

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2012
1 vote
Jeff Smith January 3, 2013

If you want to hide fields from the details view you can hide them through the field configuration in JIRA. This will affect the details view for all details views in JIRA though (not just Greenhopper). Still useful if you don't use the fields at all:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Specifying+Field+Behaviour#SpecifyingFieldBehaviour-Modifyingfieldbehaviour

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2013

I doubt this. GH seems to not respect the JIRA field configuration.

Jeff Smith January 6, 2013

I tried it and it worked for me. Go to the field configurations screen and select "Hide" under the "Operations" column for the field that you don't want to see.

JIRA 5.2.1 and GH 6.1.1.

Try it and then let us know.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

Ah yes, you are right.

Suggest an answer