Hi @GG I am assuming you are migrating from Jira software 7.3 server version to Jira data center 8.13 or is the current Jira version 7.3 is also a data center one?
If current version is server then you need to follow the below steps :
- Upgrade the current Jira version 7.3 to version 8.13 on server version itself so that it will be easy to migrate from server to data center if jira version is same.
- Check the supported platform document below to make sure your current database version, java version is still supported for version 8.13 or you need to upgrade them
- Not sure, if plan your upgrade check is available for 7.3 version or not but still you can confirm from below link
This will provide you the details report about upgrade steps
- Check the plugins compatibility using below link by selecting version 8.13
- Test the upgrade on lower environment for the smooth production upgrade.
- Follow the below document links for preparing the upgrade
- Looking at the size of your jira instance 30000 issues, one Jira node should be fine to handle the load, you just need to update the Jira license from server to datacenter so that all Jira datacenter features will be available with your standalone installation.
- If you are looking for high availability and load balancing feature, please follow the below document for Jira datacenter installation
- You can still use jira data center feature on single Jira node once you upgrade to 8.13 and later you can work on the jira data center setup and migrate the data to Jira data center.
Let me know if you face any issues or have any questions on this.
Thanks for your reply.
Current version is (Software 7.3). I want migrate to Data Center V8.13.
Can i do this scenario: I get backup current JIRA Server 7.3 and install new version of DataCenter 8.13, new plugins(Without Migration) Then Restore old backup to DataCenter and I connect to old Database?
Is this scenario feasible at all? And what adverse effects can it have?
Hi @GG IF you want to use the same database then no need to do a xml backup import, as data is already in the database it will be picked up when you connect the jira 8.13 to it, you just need to copy the old jira-home directory to this new jira-home so that all your dbconfig files, attachments, installed plugin directories will be there.
1. Install new Jira version
2. Don't configure database setting
3. Copy the Jira-home directory to this new Jira home.
4. Update jira-application.properties from jira install directory and update the jira-home path, update the server.xml, setenv.sh etc files with correct settings same as of Jira 7.3
5. Verify the dbconfig.xml details if those are correct (Check if database version is supported for Jira 8.13)
6. Once all above is good, just start the Jira, it will automatically pick the database configuration from dbconfig.xml file and upgrade the database tables as well with respect to the current Jira version.
Hi community 👋, as every Monday we're bringing you a quick update on what happened in the Atlassian ecosystem last week. There were a few interesting events like for example the announcement of th...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events