How to make issues visible on different boards, in different projects?

Ajda Gruden August 30, 2022

Hello!

A colleague set up a new project and a new board within that new project (I have admin permissions in both, her original project (A) and the newly set up one (B)).

Now when an issue exists in a status in project B, she wants it to be also visible in project A. So she added the same status to both workflows and we edited the filter shares so that both projects are linked.

The problem is, the issues are only visible in the project they were born in. Can anybody help with this?

TIA!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

Hi Ajda,

Can you share the board filter query for Project A?

Hi John! 

Yes, sure :)Filter query.png

board filter query.png

Ah, I see, should I add the second project to the query?

Thanks!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

Yes you should.  :-)  But you should also only include the one status that you want to see it for. So something like:

Project = MKT or (Project = ABC and Status = Testing) ORDER BY Rank ASC

It worked!

Thank you so much, you saved me hours of searching for something so obvious :D 

Best,
Ajda

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

Awesome! If you don't mind, can you click on the Accept Answer button above to close this one out? Thanks!

0 votes

Answered instead of replying...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders