How to make custom single user picker work like "assignee" or "reporter" field?

Артем Мальцев July 7, 2020

Hello!

I have made a custom field with the type "single user picker". I've made a configuration to get options from the group (which contains 3 person). Everything is good with this field if I use '@' or any character in this field --> all three persons are displayed, but if i don't type anything and only click on the field I have a message "No options".

If I click on Reporter or Assignee field I have a list of users without typing anything and it is very comfortable. So how can I configurate my custom field to work in this manner?

2 answers

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2020

Hello @Артем Мальцев

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Indeed, the search bar of user picker custom fields does not display any suggestion if you do not enter any text there, although it works differently with the assignee and reporter fields.

We understand this would be a useful feature so we created the following feature request to get this implemented for user picker custom fields:

Allow suggested options to appear in user picker custom fields when no text is entered 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Larkin Young November 19, 2020

Why didn't Atlassian just implement the custom user picker field in the same way as Assignee and Reporter? It just baffles the mind as to the design decisions you guys take sometimes...

0 votes
m n May 16, 2022

@Petter Gonçalves is there no way to create a User Picker custom field that utilizes the same list that 'Assignee' uses?   Do i have to create a brand new group, move all the users from the Assignee list and copy them to the new group?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events