How to make a private dashboard public?

Sandeep Ks January 12, 2015

I have created a Dashboard which is private. I would like to know how to make it public so that other users cab access and view the same.

1 answer

1 vote
PedroS January 12, 2015

If you're referring to Agile board, just go to the Board Configuration and there you'll see the Shares.

Edit the filter change the share scope (project, group, etc.)

I am mentioning the Dashboard under the dashboard menu. I am unable to see the share in the edits. Is this any issue related to my access/permission?

PedroS January 12, 2015

If when you edit the dashboard you don't see the Share option it's a permission issue. Please contact your JIRA Admin

Thanks Pedro. Will speak to my JIRA Admin

Manjunath Amaresh February 11, 2016

How to give permissions to share the dashboards?

Brad Wood January 6, 2017

This doesn't work.  I have an agile board that is "Shared with the public" and "anyone" has access to browse the project but when I hit the URL for the board while not logged in, I'm redirected to the login screen.  I can, however, view the filter without being logged in.

Edwin Dyer April 17, 2018

Anyone using JIRA v7+ will find it about impossible to make a worthwhile public dashboard. Agile boards can no longer be viewed without being a JIRA user which pretty much cripples numerous dashboards and allowing non-users to view dashboards is something Atlassian has no plans to do, made clear if you browse the JIRA support boards and even to us point blank by Atlassian support. To me personally, it reeks of a planned user license $ grab.

Suggest an answer