How to make a Kanban board from an existing saved filter?

Digitale Media Techniek September 9, 2013

We followed the steps in Jira (Agile > Manage boards > Create a board > Kanban board > picked the option 'existing saved filter'). We've got some saved filters that just won't appear in the dropdown menu.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Creating+a+Board didn't help much, because it describes exactly what we did and still no result...

Does anyone know the secret? How do we make the saved filter appear in the dropdown in order to make a Kanban board?

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Digitale Media Techniek September 25, 2013

As mentioned above, we did Share the filters and it still didn't appear in the dropdown menu.... But a few day later it did appear, mysteriously. So if it doesn't work, share your filters and be patient. Maybe try logging out for a moment.

Florian K February 20, 2018

Sharing the filters and the "solution" of waiting for some days didn't work for me.

Like Chris Turner likes this
2 votes
Staffan Larsen June 25, 2019

Renaming the filter to something that sorts early did the trick for me. I prefixed the name with "aa" and it showed up in the list.

maltelammel February 11, 2021

worked for me

Alex Burka April 21, 2021

This is the correct answer and should be accepted instead of the other one.

0 votes
Ionic Security January 8, 2016

Hello, 

I am having the same issue. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 9, 2013

Could be that the board owner does not have access to the other filters. Make sure that all filters are Shared.

Digitale Media Techniek September 11, 2013

Thanks for the tip. The filter is "Shared with all users". I'm an admin for our Jira and I'm the one creating the Kanban board. Should be working, but it the filter still doesn't appear in the dropdown menu....

Suggest an answer