How to make Priority category in the Next Gen Project 's board? (kanban)

George Vie December 20, 2018

i want to make 2 categories which are Highest  and Other that highest, and i want to make all created issues with highest priority would be on top of the board. is that possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2018

Hello,

You can do it two ways:

1. Go to board settings -> general. Then choose edit query and order the JQL query by priority (add "order by priority" to the end of the query). But in this case you will not be able to change the rank of an issue, but dragging these issues on the board.

2. Create a swimlane based on JQL query (board settings -> swimlanes). Your JQL query would look like this:

priority = High

In this case all issue with High priority would be on top of the board in the High priority swimlane and all other issues would be in everything els.

George Vie December 20, 2018

ahh that's he problem, i don't see any board setting here. The option (3 dots top-right), only show manage rules.

George Vie December 21, 2018

where can i see board setting in next gen?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2018

I got it. Unfortunately, you can not do it in next-gen projects :( You should move to classic projects, if you need this feature.

Like david.cruz likes this
George Vie December 21, 2018

Hi @Alexey Matveev

Thanks for the clarification.

i gave up on the next-gen project and move on to classic.

Thanks a lot for the help!!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2018

You are most welcome!

Lydia M December 11, 2020

I remember creating a next-get project for a PM last year and I definitely made it with swimlanes. Is this something that changed? If so, can you put it back please? Our PMs are unlikely to embrace using next-gen projects without swimlanes on the Kanban boards!

Suggest an answer