How to locate the board that has duplicate Sprint name?

Kent Chiu February 26, 2021

How do we locate the board that has a duplicate Sprint name?

When tried to search tickets in a sprint, there are two duplicate Sprint names with a different sprint ID. 

JQL: sprint = 179

Sprint 179 (574)

Sprint 179 (580)

This causes confusion to our JIRA users about which one to use.  How do we locate the original location of the Sprint 179 (580) so we can delete or rename it?

I tried querying the duplicate Sprint 179 (580) but unable to locate the board it was created originally. There are no tickets assigned to this Sprint. 

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Kent

4 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2021

I would think that the scrum board would be in one of the projects associated with the sprint. So if you use JQL to view each of the Sprint 179 issue you will know the project. Navigate there and see if it shows. If not the someone has created a private board under their profile possibly.

Kent Chiu February 27, 2021

Thank you Jack for your reply. We have a lot of boards in our JIRA instance. I would think it would be possible to go through checking all the boards and locate the Sprint. That's going to take time to do so.  I was trying to find a more efficient way to locate the duplicate sprint.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

i don't understand. If I create a JQL to illustrate sprint 179 it will present to me x-number of projects that are in that sprint. I can then go to each of these projects. How many projects are in fact in that specific sprint?

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2021

Hey @Jack Brickey I think the problem with your approach is this:

I tried querying the duplicate Sprint 179 (580) but unable to locate the board it was created originally. There are no tickets assigned to this Sprint. 

I guess one solution would be to assign a test ticket to this "wrong" sprint (if you can find a project where it's available), and then start clicking around all the Boards for that project. I think Kent's trying to avoid the clicking around part.

0 votes
Kinnera Siriki (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

Hi @Kent Chiu 

Your requirement can be achieved by using our Jira CLI. Please refer to the marketplace link to our app here https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6398/jira-command-line-interface-cli?hosting=cloud&tab=versions

And as suggested in the previous comment, please use the below command to get the list of sprints along with the board names and ids:

--action runFromBoardList --common "--action getSprintList --board \"@board@\"" --continue

The results are as follows:

Run: --action getSprintList --board "TJP board"

3 sprints in list

"Id","Name","State","Board Id","Start Date","End Date","Complete Date"

"11","AJ Sprint 3","future","51","","",""

"14","AJ Sprint 4","future","63","","",""

"13","AJ Sprint 4","active","63","2021-03-01","2021-03-15",""

And we have opened a support ticket,  https://bobswift.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/SUPPORT-6097 to better track your request. However, we couldn't add you as a reporter.  Please sign up using this link https://bobswift.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/user/signup  and share the user name/id. We'll then add you as the reporter and confirm. 

Thanks
Kinnera Siriki

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2021

If you download and install Bob Swift's CLI (and install a free trial of the add-on), you can get a list this way:

acli --action runFromBoardList --common "--action getSprintList --board \"@board@\"" --continue

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2021

So this is all the boards:

https://YOURHOST.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/board

You could grab all the board ids from there and then pull all the sprints for each board:

https://YOURHOST.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/board/{boardId}/sprint

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events