How to know what stories are from previous sprint?

ejankowski December 10, 2013

Is there any way to know what stories are from a previous sprint? I mean, we have sprint 1 completed, with 5 stories we coudn't complete. And after planning we started the second sprint, but I would like to know which strories from the new sprint were in the previous one. Just to see how many stories we are re-doing.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kim Poulsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013

Hi Emiliano

We use the flagging feature on the agile board. I.e. all issues in the sprint about to be closed will get flagged (and hence light up in orange).

In any case they will all show up at the very top of the backlog (or next future sprint if one is open)

But we like the flagging because it makes them stand out very clearly during planning.

Regards,

Kim

ejankowski December 12, 2013

Great idea! I'll use this one. Thanks!

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

Hi

I cannot recall a direct way to track this however on your planning board before you start the sprint you can have two metrics, time spent and remaining estimate. So, if time spent is > 0 h then it means it is from the previous sprint.

Alternatively, you can use labels to tag issues which are spilled from one sprint to another.

Rahul

ejankowski December 10, 2013

Thanks Rahul, for your answer, I'll try to use your approach.

Ilango Ponnambalam August 12, 2018

Hi there,

Is the any JQL syntax that will bring the stories moved from previous to current?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer