How to invite new members if we don't have an Admin?

Valentin Suh June 22, 2021

My team and I have a project in Jira that we use for work. But we can't invite new members of our team there because it requires Admin confirmation, but the person who was with that role no longer works with us and hasn't the ability to restore access and help us with that.
Could you please tell us how to be and how do we invite new people to our project?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2021

Hi @Valentin Suh 

You really need to have an Admin for your Jira instance - you should raise a support ticket with Jira and they should be able to help you set one up. Click on the Raise a support ticket button when you load the contact us page

Hello @Warren thank you for your answer

Unfortunately only Admins can Raise support tickets, I don't have such ability

I only can create a topic on forum

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

We'll escalate the question here and see if they can assist you directly.

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans 

How I can escalate it here?

Could you please help me?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

@Valentin Suh , has been done :) Normally someone from Atlassian will take a look after a little while (could be day tho)

Okay, thank you both guys!

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2021

Hello Valentin,

@Warren has the right process to get this resolved. You'll need to access https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact and select 'Pricing, Billing & License' Contact us. From there the team will be able to work with you to resolve your admin access.

image.png

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Like Jack Brickey likes this
0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2021

Hi @Valentin Suh and welcome to the community!

I'd try and reach out to Atlassian support directly (https://support.atlassian.com/contact) and see if they can help in transferring the admin to someone/a technical contact who still work at your company.

In general it would be good to get someone with admin powers back on board :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events