How to intercept JIRA Agile Events?

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2014

I am trying to get more visibility and control over JIRA Agile Events such as:

1. Story is added to Sprint
  2. Story is removed from Sprint.

From what I can tell when you drag a story to a sprint only the Sprint field changes but this does not fire a Update event that I can work with.

Ideally what I would like to have is a control similar to the one that exist for a transition - conditions, validators and post funtion or map it to existing transition where I can put that

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Simon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2014

This URL (you may have seen it already) talks about the permission that is needed which in turn could relate to the event that is happening. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Adding+an+Issue+to+a+Sprint

Taking a look at one of the workflows though for a Agile project only the Generic Event is fired off. So you might either need to change the workflow or use the Generic Event to trigger the notification.

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2014

I am quite familiar with the documentation. Edit is not handled as a workflow transitions although it is similar to global transition.

In your comment "...talks about the permission that is needed which in turn could relate to the event" please evaborate. I don't see how a permission can be related to a event. I hoped that an Update event is being fired similar like when you do regular edit but it is not.

Shradha Singh January 7, 2015

Hi I am also trying to capture event programatically during dragging and dropping of an issue under a sprint. Is it possible.

Suggest an answer