How to install add-on's when you don't have connection to marketplace?

Alan Dike August 13, 2020

Hi there, I'm new to Jira admin.  I have a jira server in a completely disconnected environment that I'm going to need to add the test rail addon to.

How is this done?  If I was connected to the internet, it'd be really easy to do.. but without that internet connection.. I'm at a bit of a loss regarding this.

Thanks,

Alan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2020

You will need to get on to a client machine that has access to the internet and can reach the Jira server too.

You can then download the app as a .jar or .obr file from the marketplace, and use "manage apps -> upload an app" to install the plugin.

Alan Dike November 25, 2020

Sorry about the slow turn around here on accepting the answer.. acquisitions held me up on some of the other parts related to this project that this plugin will be part of so the whole project came to a screeching halt.  It's back up and going, and your answer was exactly the answer I needed... Thanks again

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events