How to import a back up to Jira Software Server from Jira Software Cloud?

Óscar Montero November 23, 2017

I have Jira Cloud and now I already bought the license for Jira Server and installed it. I need to migrate all my projects, issues permissions, roles, users, etc, from the Jira cloud.

I already generated the backup for server and when I go to Settings->Import and Export option, there are many opitions but I don't see the option to do it from a backup.

What would be the step by stpe to do it?

Attached it is a picture of my menu and optionsjira.JPG

1 answer

1 vote
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2017

Hi Oscar,

I wish I had a better news for you but there are so many steps before importing your projects. Time consuming and need some patience.

As you may know Atlassian Cloud versions are always ahead of Server versions.

The following link describes it very well:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/migrating-from-jira-cloud-to-server-applications-802592270.html

if you need extra help don't hesitate.

Best of luck!

Óscar Montero November 24, 2017

Thanks, it was very help full.

Now I am stuck in the step number 7 of the manual you provided to me. I am installing the pluggins, but the notification to the admin user never shows up so can't go forward with the migration.

Do you now how should I do?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2017

I apologize @Óscar Montero I didn't get your question. Can you please elaborate more?

Before doing the import you had to check which plugins can be updated to the new JIRA version

Add-ons -> Manage Add-ons ->JIRA Update Check (at the bottom of the page)

Suggest an answer