Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to identify tickets that are carry forward from one sprint to another?

How to identify tickets that are carry forward from one sprint to another?

How to filter tickets that are carry forwarded from previous sprint to current sprint?

Is there option like sprint in (opensprints()-1)?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Jun 09, 2021

Try adding to your jql …

Sprint in closedSprints() and sprint in openSprints()

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jun 14, 2021

Bringing the discussion back to this thread….

so (AFAIK) you cannot find issues in current open sprint that were specifically in the previous sprint using JQL unless you include the specific sprint name. I think you want something that is dynamic? In other words this would work…

sprint in openSprints() And sprint in xxxx

where xxx equates to opensprint -1

note- I tried the following (in cloud) as a test and it did not produce the desired results

Sprint in openSprints(-1) and sprint in openSprints()

Thank you. sprint in openSprints() And sprint in xxxx with hardcoding sprint value is working. Is there a dynamic way to set sprint value to last closed sprint?

None that I have seen

Hi , please help how to find the carry forward tickets from immediate previous sprint?

Hi , please help how to find the carry forward tickets from immediate previous sprint?

? Did my suggestion not provide desired results? If not please reply in my response as to the results.

Hi Jack,

Thank you. Closedsprints() displays all the issues from all previous sprints. Also opensprints() displays all the issues that are created in current sprint as well.

I want to extract the only issues that are carry forward from last sprint to current sprint and nothing else. Can we get this in jql ? Please help.

Are you trying to identify carried forward issues only from the immediate previous sprint, or from any previous sprint?

yes only from immediate previous sprint.

@Krithica G : There is one field called "sprint" you can add that field in your issue layout. You will get to know from which sprint that issue is getting carried forward. Please let me know if that works for you. 

Capture.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,853 views 37 48
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you