How to identify sprint number which is created needed for JIRA query

SANDESH.MANGESHKAR@ALLIANZ.COM February 11, 2019

I need to run a JQL for advanced search. But I do not know the sprint number. when I try to add the sprint name, it does not work.

for example,

Project = "AAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXX" AND issuetype = story AND Sprint = 991

here the Sprint 991 is the sprint number. But how do I identify that?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2019

so are you trying to find an old sprint? if you go to the project > reports > sprint report page can you not find the sprint by name? you can use the sprint name in the JQL if you know it.

Hi Jack, 

yes, trying to find a old sprint or a current one. I face the same issue. If I have the sprint number only then I can successfully add the query. If not then even if I am adding the name of the sprint then the query cant be recognized.  so I have to have the sprint number. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2019

So when I enter sprint =... and begin to type the project the auto-complete offers sprint suggestions. I don’t need the internal ID to complete the query and it will return accurate results. Now, you need to select from the results presented since it translates to the ID. 

Earlier it was the same for me, till about a certain number of sprint. But since past few sprints we have been facing this issue. Now it only takes the sprint number and not the name. 

Suggest an answer