How to hide the Summary field in a specific Field Configuration.

luizduarte October 21, 2019

I'll preface this by saying we do not have ScriptRunner(despite our wishes)

We are trying to hide the summary field in a specific screen, since we'll be using a plugin to fill with the concatenation of other fields.

On the create screen however, we used a JS script in the field configuration to fill it with a standard value, so as to not be empty. 

This is the script we have on the Field Configuration Summary Description:

<script type="text/javascript">
if (document.getElementById("summary").value == "") {
document.getElementById("summary").value = "Do not Edit";}

</script>

Now we are trying to hide it.  Any help in that regard.

2 answers

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2019

In My Server instance, I was able to remove the summary from the issue screen view

Then ist is also removed in the edit isssue screen.

But it is still visible in the browser.

image.png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2019

@Alexander Pappert  It is the reason I said you won't be able to remove it.

I found some very old posts, even though I am not sure why you want to remove the field when it is one of the core fields on issues.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Hide-Summary-Field-and-Populate-During-Ticket-Creation/qaq-p/197095

Best,

Fadoua

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

@luizduarte

Not sure why you are trying to remove Summary Field however it is a required Jira system Field.

I don't think it can be removed.

Best,

Fadoua

luizduarte October 22, 2019

I just want to hide it.

I have a post-function to populate it with data from other fields after creation, and the JS will pre-populate it with a standard value, I just need that the users do not see it.

Suggest an answer