How to hide Closed tasks from GreenHopper Board after a certain time?

Bob Iskandar June 25, 2013

How do you remove tasks with "closed" status that are older than 5 days old from the GreenHopper Board?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2013

Bob,

Add the following JQL to your filters, that should help :

and not (status changed TO Closed AFTER -5d)

Best regards

Peter

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

sth. like this ... AND (status != closed OR status CHANGED TO closed AFTER startOfDay(-5))

0 votes

Thanks guys, it works!

Instead of hiding it after a fixed no of 5 days, is it possible to hide items done before Monday of the current week?

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2013

and not (status changed TO Closed after startOfWeek())

there ya go :)

Hi Peter, somehow tasks marked closed older than this week are still showing up (2-4 weeks old)

Is there any missing parameter?

I also use JIRA Search intent plugin.
So my current search is now (note: DONE is my version of "closed")

SearchIntent = parentsInQuery("status in ('this week', today)") AND NOT (status changed to Done after startOfweek()) ORDER BY status DESC, Rank ASC

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2013

Could it be that it should be like this :

SearchIntent = parentsInQuery("status in ('this week', today)" AND NOT (status changed to Done after startOfweek())) ORDER BY status DESC, Rank ASC

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2013

Bob,

Have the issues that still show up changes that have been done since monday?

Best regards

Peter

Found the solution.

I simply added your code and not (status changed TO Closed after startOfWeek()) into the board's work sub-filter setting

Thanks

0 votes

Please help explain more.

I understand how to use filter to include data.
But how do use filter to exclude data.

In this case, how to exclude tasks with "closed" that are older than 5 days old, while still showing all tasks from the other filters that is already in effect

0 votes
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

Suggest an answer