How to have an unified sprint in a board of boards?

Antonio Rivera June 23, 2021

Hello, 

In my company we have several projects in which I as analyst work on several tracks at the same time. I managed to create a kind of a board of boards where the filters are picking up stories from all other projects.

However, I'm having the issue that now I have several sprints from all projects. Sprints are configured in each project board with their respective teams and run in parallel. Please see below for an example:

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 11.00.04.png

I'm looking to have a unified sprint with all stories selected to work. I haven't been able to find the configuration for it. Is this doable? 

I'd appreciate all the help. 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

Hello @Antonio Rivera 

Can you tell us what you want to accomplish by having a "unified sprint"? How would things (functionality, displays) change if you had a unified sprint?

Hello @Trudy Claspill 

Let me know if this clarifies things a little bit: 

IMG_2565.jpg

Thanks, 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

I don't believe you can get what you want.

If you create a Scrum board that filters for the issues, and those issues are assigned to Sprints in other boards, then those sprints will be displayed in your board.

It is not possible to show the issues in a Scrum board without showing the sprints also. That is how the Scrum board is designed to work within Jira.

You won't be able to "hide" the other boards' sprints in your own board, and there is no functionality to take disparate sprints from different boards and collapse them into a single sprint on another board.

Can you provide more information about what you are trying to accomplish and why you are trying to accomplish it? What problem are you trying to solve?

Hello @Trudy Claspill

Thanks for the time invested so far. Basically what I want to do is to have a centralized board where I see all the stories and tasks that I have assigned so I can efficiently plan my time and efforts. Currently my organization has several "tracks" or projects where I step in and out working on tactical solutions for specific business needs. However, since I also work as a product manager for some tools I have plenty of work that needs to be plan and prioritize. 

My initial solution was to create a board of boards where I could have visibility of everything that is currently required of me and also upcoming work but I am having way too much visibility. For example, just as you mentioned in my board I now see several sprints from each projects where I end up having over 10 sprints at the same time (current and future sprints for each board).  

An option I was thinking about was to modify the query filters for my board and insert a date value to basically limit the visibility to one or two months. Ideally, it would be great to take disparate sprints and merge them into a single one in my board. 

Please let me know if you think of any other approach or solution to my problem. 

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events