How to have admin remove me from their Jira account so I can start my own with the same email?

Chris Kerbert January 27, 2021

I was invited to a Jira team a couple years ago. I joined it, never used it, and don't have a working relationship with that team anymore.  I would like to have their Admin remove me completely from their team, projects, etc, so I can start my own Atlassian account for my own development team, using the same email address.  Is this possible?  If so, how?  Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

The membership of an individual Jira that an Atlassian Account has is not really relevant.

Are you saying that an someone has taken ownership of your Atlassian account and you want them to give it up?

Have you tried changing the email on your Atlassian account to something else? (some throwaway account you'll never use again).  You'll then be able to create an new Atlassian account with your desired email address (although give it a few minutes after the change, I got "email already used" when I tried to set up the new account straight away - making a pot of tea seemed to give it long enough for a cache or replication to catch up ok)

Chris Kerbert January 27, 2021

Wow, thank you.  Great idea.  I still can't believe I don't have the rights to remove myself from someone else's team in Atlassian.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events