How to get epics included in the product backlog?

Gustavo Narea May 16, 2013

We're currently running JIRA 5.2.4 and GreenHopper 6.2.1, and I cannot find a way to get epics listed in the product backlog. They do show up in the "epics" panel, but I need a way to include them in the prioritization of the rest of the backlog... Which you should be able to do in a product backlog.

I think it's not a problem with the Scrum board's filter, because I've tried this with a test board whose filter simply is "project = MyProject", and the problem is still present. I suspect that GreenHopper itself is excluding epics. Is this correct?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2013

As far as I know issues of type "Epic" are not in included by design

Gustavo Narea May 16, 2013

Thanks, Christian!

I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. It's just wrong: GreenHopper is mixing the concepts of epics and themes. You should be able to prioritize an epic along with all the other product backlog items. GreenHopper's "epic" panel actually works as a theme filtering device.

I raised this ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-8851

Suggest an answer