How to find who reopened sprint?

Raviprakash R January 4, 2018

Need help to find who and when a closed sprint was reopened. User claims a sprint was closed few weeks back and it's in open state now.

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2018

The COMPLETE_DATE field does get cleared when a sprint is re-opened.  So that probably won't help here.

However I found that at least in Jira Software 7.6.0 there is another AO table that appears to contain more audit information in regards to which user open/closes a sprint and when.  I'd recommend trying to run the following SQL query to see this info more closely:

SELECT "CATEGORY", "DATA", "ENTITY_CLASS", "ENTITY_ID", "ID", "TIME", 
       "USER"
  FROM "AO_60DB71_AUDITENTRY";

This should be able to provide you a list of what user opened or closed a sprint along with a unix epoch time stamp of when this event happened.   So you will likely need to use a utility like this site https://www.epochconverter.com/ to be able to convert that "TIME" string of numbers into a date/time that humans can read.  Also I believe that the ENTITY_ID field in this table should correspond to the ID number of the sprint found in the "AO_60DB71_SPRINT" table.

With that information, you should be able to see what username re-opened the sprint, and when.

0 votes
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2018

Hello Raviprakash,

I am not sure if this will help but I would try checking database table containing sprints where there is a COMPLETE_DATE column:

Capture.PNG

I don't know how Jira Software internally works (if it purges this column when Sprint is reopened or keeps it filled and just changes Closed flag). So you will have to try and see.

Regards,
Martin

Suggest an answer