How to find out who created a sprint?

CJ Millican March 18, 2015

We have a sprint that has a very generic name and the tickets associated with it span multiple projects and boards.  Multiple teams appear to be claiming ownership of it, but I have not been able to find out who created the sprint.  The ticket history will tell me who added the tickets to the sprint, but now who created it.  Any ideas?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2015

Hi CJ,

I'm afraid that information is not stored in JIRA. I took the liberty of creating an improvement regarding this request at: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-11871

Please add yourself as a watcher to be notified of future updates.

Cheers,
Clarissa.

CJ Millican March 18, 2015

Thanks Clarissa!

Syed June 17, 2019

Super Clarissa :)

0 votes
Jose Luis Casarrubias December 10, 2019

Maybe you can find out where the sprint was created.

You just need to have the sprint ID and then use rest api:

/rest/agile/1.0/sprint/{sprintID}

This rest api will provide you the originBoardId of the sprint

After that, you can search for the board using rest api to get the name of the Board.

rest/agile/1.0/board/{boardID}

After that, you can search who is the owner(s) of that Agile board and for sure these people should be the ones that created the sprint :)

Abdel October 6, 2020

Hello, 

I cannot see the owner of the agile board nor the creator of the sprint.

The whole information i can get from /rest/agile/1.0/sprint/{sprintID} : 

•  "id":111,    "self""https://axxxx.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/sprint/111",    "state""active",    "name""Sprint test",    "startDate""2020-09-21T07:25:54.812Z",    "endDate""2020-09-28T07:25:00.000Z",    "originBoardId"222,    "goal"""

and the whole information i can get from rest/agile/1.0/board/{boardID} : 

• "id"222,    "self""https://xxxx.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/board/283",    "name""Tablerotest",    "type""scrum",    "location": {        "projectId"124255,        "displayName""EjemploAgile",  "projectName""Ejemplo SDLC Agile",        "projectKey""AwE",        "projectTypeKey""software",        "avatarURI""/secure/projectavatar?size=small&s=small&pid=124255&avatarId=1255",        "name""Ejemplo SDLC Agile (awe)"    }}

P.D (I am using jira cloud )

@Jose Luis Casarrubias   can you specify please how you was able to get the sprint creator or the owner of an agile board ? 

Thank you ,

Abdel

0 votes
Bernd Prager May 18, 2017

I am not sure but I assume that the first entry in the "userhistoryitem" for the sprint's "rapid_view" represents the creator?

/* Find Sprint creator */
DECLARE @SPRINT BIGINT
--
SELECT @SPRINT = 5416
--
SELECT TOP 1 UH.ID, SP.NAME sprintname, USERNAME creator
FROM [My_Jira].[dbo].[userhistoryitem] UH
INNER JOIN [My_Jira].[dbo].[AO_60DB71_SPRINT] SP WITH(NOLOCK) ON UH.ENTITYID = CAST(SP.RAPID_VIEW_ID AS NVARCHAR)
WHERE SP.ID = @SPRINT;
Junio Fernandes February 21, 2020

No. This shows who last viewed it or had started the sprint or accessed the board (neither the sprint).

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2015

The answer from similar question (Jira Agile non-active sprint creator and created date) can give you some information.

CJ Millican March 19, 2015

Thanks Florjan! My results are a little troubling. The name of the sprint has changed, so I used the entitytype & entityid instead. This returned 38 results, and the earliest dated result was for a user who has no permissions to create the sprint.

Suggest an answer