How to find all the saved Jira Filters that use a specific Status and update them?

Gautham Hari December 19, 2020

After removing an unused status from a Jira workflow and publishing it, I need to find all the users' saved filters (which are still using the old status) and inform the users to replace the old status with the new status in their saved filters. 

Does anyone know a way to find those filters using JQL or Marketplace Apps?

I thought of documenting the list of old and new statuses on a wiki page and then sending an email to the owners of the filters with a link to the wiki page along with instructions to update the status in their filters.

This approach might be better than waiting for users to complain about their broken filters and then working with them to update the filters in a meeting. 

I found a Bug ticket for Jira Server/DC that is still open: 
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-22223 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2020

Hi @Gautham Hari 

You are correct that isn't possible yet in Cloud, and there is a suggestion to add it to the REST API: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-36045

I didn't see this anything for this need in the marketplace, and maybe one of the vendors will comment.

There is a work-around, which does require at least one add-on, and a backup/restore

• Backup your cloud instance
  • Restore to a free test instance
  • Bulk change all of the filter owners to yourself.  To do this, you will need an add-on like ScriptRunner
  • Use the REST API to get my filters search
  • Search the resulting JSON for your changed status value
  • Make changes in your main instance, as needed

Best regards,

Bill

Gautham Hari December 21, 2020

@Bill Sheboy Thank you for suggesting the work-around!

It would be so useful when the functionality is added to the REST API.

I voted for the Suggestion ticket you mentioned :)

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events