How to find all Jira Bugs and Feature Requests per users from a domain?

Inna S September 21, 2022

Hi, 

a couple of months into Jira journey, 

I find myself voting for a lot of bugs and feature requests.

While I can filter the issues voted for by the currentUser(), I do not see the way to filter by the user domain.

I suspect this is due to the general Jira limitation that does not allow to use 'like' operator on non-text fields and the 'user' is not a text field.

Any suggestion on how to filter for votes by our domain users?

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Inna S , indeed there is not a JQL means of filtering by users in a given domain. The only way I can think of doing this would be to create a group and manually gather users in a certain domain in a group. JQL does support query by group. 

Inna S September 24, 2022

Thank you, @Jack Brickey .

Our users will be in a group imported from AD. But this will be in our own Jira, not in the Jira used by Atlassian to track their issues.

Do you mean I'd need somehow find all my domain users in Atlassian Jira? How can this be done?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2022

The users email presents their domain. The effort would be manual (tedious) which makes it difficult to maintain.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2022

Hi @Inna S 

If you have placed your users to a different group, based on your domains, then you can use the membersOf() function. Let me know if that works out for you.

Inna S September 27, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , 
I can place my users in groups in our own instance of Jira, not in the Atlassian's Jira where the requests are managed. 

Do you mean I can create groups in Atlassian's instance of Jira?

Can you show me where / how this is done?

Thank you

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

@Inna S I think there is some sort of misunderstanding here.. You want to do this within Atlassian's instance for bugs & fixes, e.g. https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/CLOUD/?

If that's the case, then no.. you can't. What you could do is use REST api to run a jql search and then to use this json file to get your results. But it's not going to be that easy..

Inna S September 29, 2022

Yes, @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , I'm talking about Atlassian instance.

Also, at this point I'm aware that nothing is 'that easy' with Jira, unfortunately.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events