How to filter GreenHopper board to show only tasks/sub-tasks of stories with a certain status

Bob Iskandar February 27, 2013

Please explain how Story, task and sub-tasks are related.

Are they linked together with Story as the parent and Task and sub-task as the child relation?

How can I filter my board to show only task & sub-tasks of stories that have a certain status?

Meaning unless the parent story have a certain status (example: Work In Progress), its tasks/sub-tasks should not appear in the board regardless of the status of the tasks/sub-tasks

See attached file:

Story DT-5 and its sub-tasks should not appear on the board because Story DT-5 does not have the correct status.

1 answer

2 votes
pkirkeby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Hi Bob,

I'd say the hierachy of the different Issue Types sound about right: Epic > Story > Task > Sub-Task.

Although a Story and a Task Issue Types won't necessarily be tied to each other.

For filtering your board, I'd suggest using Quick Filters: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Quick+Filters

Cheers,

Pelle

Suggest an answer