How to export the test coverage of individual epic/story from JIra software?

Naveen Kumar December 22, 2021

How to export the test coverage of individual epic/story from Jira Software?

4 answers

0 votes
Bartłomiej Gorczyński April 8, 2022

Here is my way:

1. Make list of all the issues linked to epic:
issue in linkedIssues("epic-123")

2. export result to notepad to have list like:
issue-123
issue-456
issue-789

3. use find/replace to have list like:
linkedIssues(issue-123),
linkedIssues(issue-456),
linkedIssues(issue-789)

4. in order to see test cases covering epic paste above list into query:
issue in (
linkedIssues(issue-123),
linkedIssues(issue-456),
linkedIssues(issue-789)
) and issuetype = Test

0 votes
Noopur Varshney _AIO Tests_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 23, 2021

Hi @Naveen Kumar 

Are you using any test management app for creating and managing test cases?

If not, you can try AIO Tests - Test Management for Jira.

It comes with inbuilt traceability reports - Traceability Summary and Traceability Detailed. Once you link your stories and test cases, traceability reports can be easily generated.

The best part is - its free on Server!!

Traceability Detailed

traceability new.png

Traceability Summary

2021-12-23_23-46-55.jpg

~Noopur

Naveen Kumar December 24, 2021

Hi Noopur,

Thanks for the comment, We use Xray along with Jira. Please let me know the steps o export the test coverage of individual epic/story from JIra software. Please let me know if there is any to export test coverage in RESR API.

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 30, 2021

Hi @Naveen Kumar 

I think you haven't mentioned what target format would you like to export your test coverage to?

Naveen kumar T S January 3, 2022

Hi @Levente Szabo _Midori_ ,

I need the data of test coverage as number of issue, number of issues passed and number of issues failed. This data we need.

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2022

Hi @Naveen kumar T S 

You can use Xray Document Generator (https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Document+Generator); it allows you to use any ready-made and free reports included in the tool, such as "Test Execution Basic with Cover Page" or "Test Runs Report" or "Test Report".

If none of these reports suits you, you can build your own specific reports using the options described here (https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Template+Building).

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

Hi @Naveen Kumar 👋

Welcome to the Community! Echoing @Ollie Guan it may be worth visiting the Atlassian Marketplace and browse their apps for Jira Software.

Looking at Test Management tools you can view them all here for you: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=test%20management

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Naveen Kumar December 24, 2021

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the comment, We use Xray along with Jira. Please let me know the steps o export the test coverage of individual epic/story from JIra software. Please let me know if there is any to export test coverage in RESR API.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

Hi @Naveen Kumar ,

Welcome to the community 🍻

As far as I know, Jira does not have a statistical function of test coverage, unless you use some plug-ins, such as

Suggest an answer