How to estimating in Story Points in JIRA Agile?

Grzegorz Reglinski September 8, 2015

I'm using JIRA version: 7.0.0-OD-04-018 and I have configured:

• Estimation Statistic: Story Points
  • Time Tracking: Remaining Estimate and Time Spent

I would estimate each task in Story Points and also put values as Story Points in the field "remaining" (integer value) instead of at the time.
Is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2015

Hi Grzegorz,

The type of units used by the 'Remaining' field (e.g. hours) is affected by your Tracking Statistic. Remaining field is part of Time tracking and there is no such field called "remaining Story Point" in JIRA Agile. A story is done when it is complete and its burned once completely done.

You can check https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-2647 where your question is answered. Hope this helps.

Taha

Grzegorz Reglinski September 8, 2015

Hi Taha, Thank You for answer, but there is no option such as Tracking Statistic: Story Points. I can choose Tracking Statistic: None - but in this option "issues will burn down their Story Points value upon completion". If you choose this option it will not be able to type anything in the remaining field. I would like to remove Story Points by myself i.e. I have issue that I estimate for 10 SP. After 1 day of work I wonder to insert "remaining Story Points" = 8

Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2015

Yes Grzegorz you are right, None will be burn down as Story Points. Corrected Orignal answer.

Suggest an answer