How to enable new sidebar?

Francois-Pierre Moffet November 17, 2014

I find the new sidebar in JIRA / JIRA Agile very useful. Where in the admin or user settings can it be enabled? (It was disabled and I would like to re-enable it.) Thanks.

11 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tom Kotecki November 17, 2014

Hey Francois-Pierre,

Indeed there's a new sidebar which we enabled for selected instances in a controlled rollout. One of the main reasons we're not enrolling all instances to it yet is its beta state - which unfortunately means that for the time being, there's no way of turning it on again once you've disabled it. Please stay tuned as we will be allowing this in future releases.

Regards

Tom Kotecki

Product Manager, JIRA & JIRA Agile

1 vote
Kyle Lehman January 7, 2015

I found this post that may help enabling it for all users: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=691011908 

1 vote
Greg Dawson December 11, 2014

My question relates to this thread. Has a release date been set for the new sidebar?

I would like all team members to have the sidebar enabled. I lead a team of developers and IT support staff. Some members have the new sidebar and some don't. It makes it difficult to manage the work effort when members have different views of the same information. 

0 votes
Laura Prince November 4, 2015

We are in the process of upgrading our sandpit to JIRA Software.  I am struggling to see the sidebar on all projects, i am a system admin so it should be visible on all projects but it's not, can anyone shed any light on why this might be???

0 votes
Bridgette Gigi January 7, 2015

Thanks Kyle, that did work.

0 votes
Bridgette Gigi December 22, 2014

I agree with Greg. I was creating a how-to article for our office. Some people have the new one enabled and some don't, so I needed to screenshot both options. I disabled the "new sidebar" to take my screenshot and now I can't enable it again. Would be nice to be able to at least switch back and forth... or just roll it out for all! smile

0 votes
Francois-Pierre Moffet November 18, 2014

Thanks Tom, this is the answer I was looking for. Looking forward to get this feature in an upcoming release.

0 votes

Are you talking about the "Versions" and "Epics" sidebar options on the Plan board?

No, I can see those alright. I am talking about the newly designed side-bar which was introduced in the OnDemand version 1 or 2 weeks ago. It allows to navigate between the Plan, Work, Report through that side-menu as opposed to the traditional menu on the top-center of the screen.

Thanks for your help.

0 votes
Rena Sawyer November 17, 2014

Hi Francois-Pierre,

Are you talking about the "Versions" and "Epics" sidebar options on the Plan board? 

Does it not show up for you in a minimized view that can be clicked on to expand? They can also be expanded from the list of options under the "Board" global menu item at the top. 

Does that help? I don't see any option to disable or enable in configuration; and these options don't show up on the Work or Report boards.

0 votes

Thank you for the reply, but I think the question may have been misinterpreted. The JIRA Agile add-on works well and is enabled. My question relates to how to enable/disable the new/redesigned sidebar on the left. Thanks.

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2014

Hi Francois,

Please try the steps below to enable JIRA Agile.

1. Log in to JIRA as a user with the 'JIRA System Administrators' global permission.
  2. Click the 'cog' icon on the top bar (or click Administation if using an older version of JIRA) and select Add-ons.
  3. Click on Manage add-ons
  4. Search for JIRA Agile then click on it
  5. Click the Enable button.

Hope this works for you.

Suggest an answer