How to enable development information icons on next-gen board cards?

Alexander Dowding October 9, 2020

On some of my next-gen Jira Cloud projects, cards on the board display icons indicating the status of Pull Requests and other development information. For example, the Pull Request merged icon in bright green in the middle of this screenshot:

Card Front on Board:

Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 11.15.30.png

Development Information in Card:

Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 11.20.55.png

However, on another of my boards, the icons representing pull/merge requests do not show at all, even though inside the cards the development information all shows up correctly:

Card Front on Board:

Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 11.15.54.png

Development Information in Card:

Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 11.20.44.png

I've looked everywhere and cannot find any instructions on how to enable this feature for a given board (or, indeed, disable it!). It's a very useful feature for quickly assessing whether PRs have been merged up or not, so I'd really like to find out how to turn it on!

Thanks in advance for any advice/pointers.

4 answers

2 votes
Dave Hab June 29, 2022

Here's one possible answer, from Jira's page on the topic:

Development icons will be displayed on your board as long as one or more issues on your board has development data linked to it and your board contains less than 100 issues.

The board I had this problem with had 103 issues on it. As soon as that dipped below 100, all of the Development Icons appeared.

1 vote
juan August 3, 2021

Same issue here.

0 votes
Dzanan Gvozden May 28, 2022

Any solution for this one. I have the same thing and it's annoying me so much.

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2020

Hi @Alexander Dowding  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you checked in Project Settings > Features > Code to see if that option is enabled?

Best regards,

Bill

Alexander Dowding November 3, 2020

Hi @Bill Sheboy – thanks for the welcome!

Yes, Project Settings > Features > Code is enabled, and we can see our GitHub commits in the "Development" sub-panel of the card, as noted above. I've compared all the settings I can see between the project where this feature works and where it doesn't, and I can't see any differences. Quite the conundrum.

Many thanks,

Alex

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2020

Odd... I just checked the public backlog and didn't see any open defects on this.  If no one else comments for a bit, I suggest submitting a support ticket to Atlassian here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Javier García November 4, 2020

I'm facing the same issue @Alexander Dowding  is having

The pull request icon appears on just one of my Boards, but the Development section is displayed fine within the card.

juan August 3, 2021

@Alexander Dowding were you able to fix this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events