How to edit Change tickets in portal view?

Aaron Monilal November 18, 2020

Hi all! In my project, when a customer makes a Change request, this cannot be edited by the customer in the portal view.  

I would like for them to be able to amend details in the ticket, up until the ticket gets approved where editing should not be allowed.

Can any one advise me on how I could achieve this please?

Many thanks

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2020

Hi Aaron  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. If you would like to vote for and follow the feature request, you can do that here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-93

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2020

Hi @Aaron Monilal 

Welcome to the Community!

It is not possible for customers to edit a ticket once it has been created.  A user has to be a member of the Service Desk team, and have a Jira licence to edit a ticket.

There is an open feature request for this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-2368

You can vote on the issue and watch it for updates.

Hope that helps,

Regards, Liam

0 votes
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

Hi @Aaron Monilal,

We've recently added this feature to our app: Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management. This app provides not only Edit Request functionality but also other useful features, such as Request Steps or the possibility to display additional information on the Request Details View.

Suggest an answer