How to download all project hours but classified into different type of hours?

Maximiliano Gonzatto August 15, 2022

Hi all,

I have to create diferent project in Jira, then each project have diferent hours (for example production hours, support hours, realese hours) my idea is create diffenets tags for each hour classification. The question is? Can I dowload an hour report and see all project and tag classification?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2022

Hello @Maximiliano Gonzatto 

Welcome to the community.

Are you using the time logging functionality that is built in to Jira, or have you added a third party app for time tracking?

The built in time tracking function doesn't have a method for "tagging" individual time tracking entries with a category. Exactly how are you expecting to be able to apply a tag to the time? Do you mean you would use three different projects with all the time in one being considered "production" hours, and all the time in another being "support" hours?

Jira's built in time tracking is simple, and the built in reports for time tracking are also rudimentary.

You could use the Workload Pie Chart dashboard gadget to get a report of time logged for issue in a saved filter or project. There are some fields you can select from to group the issues in such a pie chart.

You can also get a list of issues from the Issue Navigator screen and export the data, including Time Spent, to Excel and then generate your own charts.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events