How to do an automatic transition that covers all workflows within my project and not just one?

NTNT August 23, 2022

I have many IssueTypes/Workflows.

I have set up automation wherein we can move from one status to another automatically BUT it will only work for one of my workflows and not for all.

Any pointers on where i may be going wrong? 

Thank You.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Hi Nathan,

It all depends on what statuses are in the workflows. If they are the exact same status even though they are in different workflows, automation should still handle that. 

However, if it is a Team-managed project, those workflows might behave differently. 

What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management? 

NTNT August 24, 2022

Thanks for your response John. Yes, I believe it is team-managed. @John Funk 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Can you share your rule and the exact scenario?

NTNT September 21, 2022

Thanks for your help John, we managed to resolve this issue

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2022

Can you share what you did to resolve?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events