How to display the Time Tracking fields inside the cards from a Kanban board?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

I am struggleing to find a way to display one of the two time tracking fields into the cards from a Kanban board.

"Original Estimate" or "Remaining Estimate", none of them is to be found on the field configuration screen of the board, but still the field is available to the issues and can be edited. Still, it is nowhere to be found inside Greenhopper not even in the detial view (the sidepanel that opens on the right).

14 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

I am guessing that the field has not been added to the Configuration screen yet.

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

The field is available in the Edit screen, also visible in the special Time Traking section in the view. Still, it is not visible in grrenhopper. What Configuraiton screen are you refering to? I a trying to explain that these fields are missing from the drop-down field pick list from the Issue Detail View inside Board > Config.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

I a trying to explain that these fields are missing from the drop-down field pick list from the Issue Detail View inside Board > Config.

Yea, they have not been added to this screen yet. It used to be alot less and they have been adding fields as they release the new versions of Greenhopper.

3 votes
Sheldon Black January 22, 2019

+1 - Please add Time Tracking to the Kanban detail screen

+1 - Please roll up Time Tracking in Epics

Rudy Dullier January 26, 2021

Please see this issue :

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66973

Make Time Tracking fields available for configuration in issue detail view in Kanban boards

2 votes
Gergely Gulis September 30, 2013

But why it is so hard, if taht is already there for Scrum?

1 vote
Stephan Schaumburg-Lippe June 3, 2019

+1 - Please add Time Tracking to the Kanban detail screen

1 vote
QuentinB
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2017

+1000

1 vote
Armands Avotins November 28, 2014

Me too +1

1 vote
Arturs Polis June 3, 2014

We would like to have these available as well. +1

1 vote
Kashyap April 13, 2014

+1

1 vote
david greenfield March 23, 2014

+1 Anyone from Atlassian team for an explaination?

1 vote
Florent Gosselin November 27, 2013

+1 Anyone from Atlassian team for an explaination?

1 vote
ÓskarF October 28, 2013

I have the same issue. It does not make much sense that these are only available on Scrum boards.

0 votes
Daniele Tagliani June 22, 2020

Any updates? It still be a necessary (and simple) feature.. We need it to display the effort while ranking sales opportunities! 

0 votes
kyjeon@ea.com January 31, 2018

We are looking forward to seeing this function work in Kanban as well. Please refer to these all comments. Time is less important in Kanban but we need this for estimate the size of task and its progress.

Thank you.

Linda Lückner April 5, 2018

What the status on this? I need to be able to track time on an kanbanboard today!

/Linda

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2018

@Linda Lückner, this function is not available. You may wish to open a suggestion with Atlassian if this is a desired feature. However, I’m not sure this is something that will become a high priority TBH. Of course, I’m just a user like you so take my opinion lightly. 

You can use this link to create an issue against Jira or other products.

Like Danielle McGrath likes this
0 votes
Deleted user March 29, 2015

+1

Suggest an answer