How to display 'epic link' on a screen

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 28, 2013

We are on JIRA 5.2 and JIRA Agile 6.1.3.1
Everything has been setup correctly such that the epic link displays on the create and edit screen (as confirmed by the 'where is my field' function)

Still it doesn't display. Is this related to the GH version ?

4 answers

0 votes
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2014

Hi Francis,

You will have to edit the Epic name customfield and associate the right screens to be able to see it. If you want to view it in the issue navigator, you will have to add a new column for it.

@Andrew: You can edit the issue or double tap 'g' and search for epic link. Please open a new question as it is not pretty to pollute other questions. This is a Questions & Answers site, not a forum.

0 votes
Andrew Cohen April 30, 2014

I have the Epic Link on a Create Issue page but if the Epic Link is not set on creation, then in the Issue navigator the Epic Link does not show up.

0 votes
Andrew Cohen April 30, 2014

Note although I cannot set the Epic Link in the Issue Navigator after an issue is created, I can set it using the Planning Rapid Board by dragging the issue into the Epic on the left.

0 votes
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

Have you solved the problem? Where is the Epic Link not visible?

Suggest an answer