How to display duplicates in JQL query

Anurag Sharma April 10, 2021

Hi 

I am trying to find the previous all status of tickets so that i can extract them in excel and check with pivot table about most used and unused status. But JQL filter only showing single record per issue.

below is jql

project = ''

AND status was in (Open) AND status was in (SHAPING) AND status was in (CLOSED) during (startOfMonth(-1), endOfMonth(-1))  

can you please help me to find a way to extract status used and how i can display multiple tickets. Note: I am trying to avoid any paid plugin here

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2021

JQL will display multiple issues when the question returns multiple different issues.

It sounds to me like your query is only finding one issue to report on, is that correct?

Anurag Sharma April 10, 2021

Thank you for your response. Yes that's correct JQL finding 1 result only. actually, i am trying to find the previous status of the tickets to check what all statuses are used by different tickets

Example ABC-001 past status was NEW, OPEN, and CLOSED so i am looking for a filter something like which can show me past status and timing in each status. That will help me to understand the time in status for each ticket

project = 'ABC' AND STAUS WAS IN(NEW, OPEN, CLOSED)

It should display 3 records with dates

ABC-001 NEW

ABC-001 OPEN

ABC-001 CLOSED

I have researched that there are lots of plugin available and mostly paid so trying to find out a way to extract report and use the PIVOT table to generate data. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2021

JQL is for finding issues, not field data.  Your search is returning one line because there is only one issue matching the question.  If you translate the JQL back into English, it is "show me a list of issues from project ABC that have been in a status or New, Open or Closed".  It's not going to give you the same issue several times, by the very definition of "search for issues" it should not.

You will need to look for a "time in status" type report.  Searching is not the right function to be looking at for your report.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Peter Gabra December 15, 2022

@Anurag Sharma 

1. First ask your team select duplicate as a resolution when they resolved ticket
  2. use this JQL: project = [YOUR_PROJECT] AND status=Resolved and resolution = Duplicate

Suggest an answer