How to display Jira SD Change Issues on a Confluence page?

Sue Paterniti September 16, 2020

We have imported the Jira Service Desk Change Management configuration to capture systems changes.  We are using Confluence configured pages to capture our Systems Register (application name, product owner etc) and would like the list of change records from Jira to show on the Confluence page for that system.  Is this possible?  Any recommendations/suggestions greatly appreciated.  

We are currently hosting our Altlassian products but moving to SaaS in coming month.

1 answer

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2020

Hi @Sue Paterniti ,

When you make in Jira a filter and save this, you can put a jira-macro on a Confluence page and you'll see the result of the jira-filter on your confluence page.

See also https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/jira-issues-macro-139380.html

Is this the option you're looking for?

Regards, MarcoScreenshot 2020-09-16 at 10.48.07.png

Sue Paterniti September 17, 2020

Thank you Marco.  I have managed to create a static filter in Jira and imported the filtered macro to my Systems Register template in Confluence. (yay). 

I would like the Change Issues that show on the Confluence page to be filtered to each System.  I have used the Component variable on the Jira Change issue to identify the System.... can i create a 'Component' variable on the Confluence page so that i can set the filter to be based on the data in that field  ... ie so that i can create a filter that tests the contents of a variable so each System page will show the Change Issues relevant to that System....?  or you can suggest a simpler way to achieve this?  Really appreciate your help!

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2020

@Sue

Create a filter per system in Jira and a page per system in Confluence, is this an option for you?

Sue Paterniti September 20, 2020

Thank you Marco,

i was hoping to create a filter with a variable so that is would dynamically only show the Change records that applied to the Asset page.  The Jira filter could be for all Change type issues, and then the result be further filtered on the Confluence page based on a field on the page.  Is there a way to further filter the records in the Confluence page so it only shows a subset on the Change records in the table?  

Suggest an answer