How to disable the projectsettings to the users with particular role.

Sunilkumar k September 27, 2022

Hi,

I want to disable the project settings for the user with the particular role, how can i achieve it.

2 answers

2 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hi @Sunilkumar k , remove those users from the Administrators project role in a project. Or make sure that that user is not a member of a group with Administer projects permission.

3 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

@Sunilkumar k If you check out the permission scheme used by the project (can be found under 'Permissions' in project settings), users within any of the project roles/groups etc. listed under the Administer Projects permission will be able to administer the project and will see the Project Settings option.

So in order to remove this option, the users must be in a different project role/group which does not have this permission, or you would need to amend the permission scheme (although be careful of doing this, as the scheme may be used in other projects)

Sunilkumar k September 27, 2022

@Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_  I Did the same now iam able to disable the project settings option for the users with a specific role, but  after doing this the users with that particular role cannot also create components but can only view them.

i want to disable the project settings and allow the same user to create the component , how can i achieve this

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

@Sunilkumar k Unfortunately this is not possible, as users can only add components through the project settings, so they will need to be a project admin to see the settings button to be able to create the new components

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events