How to delete a next-gen project?

Tom Bergström March 1, 2019

Hey everyone,

We are using JIRA cloud in our company and even though I am site admin (and admin in everywhere possible) it seems to be completely impossible for me to delete a next-gen project. I have even set myself as an admin for the project in question.

Any clues?

2 answers

0 votes
mythili
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2019

Hi @lrankin , you are on a classic jira project and I am guessing you do not have permission to delete a project. If you had the right permission, you can see where the "Delete Project" appears in the settings as shown by the red box in the image below.

Delete Project.jpg

lrankin July 3, 2019

My bad - newbie mistake! Thanks!

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2019

@Tom Bergström  Please refer the instructions from the last section on "Delete your next-gen software project" of this documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/create-edit-and-delete-next-gen-projects-942834583.html

Tom Bergström March 1, 2019

@Taranjeet Singh thanks for your reply!

Yes, I have gone through that article but what it states under "delete your next-gen software project" is the following:

1. From your project's sidebar, select Project settings > Details
2. Select ••• > Delete project.

What really confuses me is that point 2 is nowhere to be seen for me under project settings.

mythili
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2019

From your project's sidebar, select Project Settings -> Details

2. Go to the top right corner to locate the ...  as shown in the image below

Delete Project.jpg

Like elenushhh likes this
lrankin July 2, 2019

@mythili I am having the same issue. Please see my screenshot as this is not an option for me though I am the admin for my project.

Capture.JPG

Suggest an answer