Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to delete a next-gen project?

Hey everyone,

We are using JIRA cloud in our company and even though I am site admin (and admin in everywhere possible) it seems to be completely impossible for me to delete a next-gen project. I have even set myself as an admin for the project in question.

Any clues?

2 answers

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh Community Leader Mar 01, 2019

@Tom Bergström  Please refer the instructions from the last section on "Delete your next-gen software project" of this documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/create-edit-and-delete-next-gen-projects-942834583.html

@Taranjeet Singh thanks for your reply!

Yes, I have gone through that article but what it states under "delete your next-gen software project" is the following:

1. From your project's sidebar, select Project settings > Details
2. Select ••• > Delete project.

What really confuses me is that point 2 is nowhere to be seen for me under project settings.

mythili Atlassian Team Apr 09, 2019

From your project's sidebar, select Project Settings -> Details

2. Go to the top right corner to locate the ...  as shown in the image below

Delete Project.jpg

Like elenushhh likes this

@mythili I am having the same issue. Please see my screenshot as this is not an option for me though I am the admin for my project.

Capture.JPG

0 votes
mythili Atlassian Team Jul 02, 2019

Hi @lrankin , you are on a classic jira project and I am guessing you do not have permission to delete a project. If you had the right permission, you can see where the "Delete Project" appears in the settings as shown by the red box in the image below.

Delete Project.jpg

My bad - newbie mistake! Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,623 views 22 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you